Our promise is to deliver inspirational learning that enriches, engages and promotes excellence.
Our passion is to overcome all obstacles to learning.
Our goals are to:
- encourage students to be the best that they can be in order to fulfil their potential;
- ensure that students leave Ridgeway as successful, confident and capable young people, well equipped for the next stage of their life;
- provide a learning environment that is safe, secure and stimulating – a place of enjoyment, innovation, excellence and enterprise;
- create opportunities, both inside and beyond the classroom, that enrich their learning experience;
- develop future citizens who will succeed in the global economy of the twenty-first century, where skills, qualities and the ability to adapt, change and solve problems are of paramount importance.
What is ‘inspirational learning’?
‘Inspirational learning’ means delivering an education that enriches the lives of our young people, engaging their curiosity and fostering new interests and passions. It means the promotion of excellence, within and beyond the traditional classroom setting. It means learning with a purpose – securing examination success, acquiring skills for the wider world and offering exhilarating experiences with memories that last a lifetime.
It means inspirational teaching, delivered by talented, dedicated and approachable teachers and support staff, who are ambitious for the young people in their care, regularly going ‘the extra mile’ – and more – to support students.
It means inspirational environments for learning: modern, fully-equipped classrooms, state-of-the-art facilities and an atmosphere conducive in every sense to effective learning. Corridors are bathed in natural light, creating a bright and airy ambience; spacious classrooms are fitted with specially designed acoustic panels, moderating and channelling sound to ensure a quiet and productive working atmosphere; and ultra-modern heating and insulation techniques ensure that learning spaces are warm in winter and cool in summer.
What is ‘LEARN for Success’?
‘LEARN for Success’ is our programme, centring around the development of five attributes, qualities and values essential for success in life:
We focus on providing opportunities for students to participate in activities designed to develop these attributes, qualities and values.