Why religious education?
Studying religious education teaches us not only about different religions but about important issues that shape the world we live in. We learn about and discuss ethical issues about life and death, human rights, relationships and good and evil. We learn about our own beliefs as well as the beliefs of others, and experience how different religious believers live their lives.
Religious education in key stage 3
Religious Education in Year 7 is based around four themes:
- What is RE?
- Learning about religion
- Islam – including a mosque visit
- The nature of belief
Year 8 is also taught thematically:
- Prejudice and discrimination
- Diversity and inter-faith relationships
- The environment
Religious education in key stage 4
Examination Board: Eduqas
Specification Name: GCSE (9-1) Religious Studies
This course involves:
- A study of ethical issues—life and death, good and evil, relationships and human rights
- A study of Christianity—key beliefs and how people worship
- A study of Buddhism—key beliefs, how people worship in the fascinating Eastern religion.
- Click to see our religious education learning programmes