This Home-School Agreement expresses Ridgeway’s core aims and values and outlines the responsibilities of parents, students and teachers. We believe that parents play a vital role in supporting learning. The agreement shows our intention to work together with you in the best interests of your child to secure outstanding progress.
I will make every effort to:
- Co-operate at all times and follow the school’s code of conduct.
- Aim for 100% attendance and punctuality.
- Take responsibility for my own actions.
- Not engage in bullying or cyber-bullying of any kind.
- Wear my uniform correctly.
- Complete my classwork and homework on time and to the best possible standard.
- Catch up on any work missed in lessons.
- Take an active part in enrichment and house activities.
- Show respect to all members of my school and local community.
- Use my planner properly, recording all homework and attendance details.
- Provide a secure and caring environment for all children.
- Provide a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum.
- Provide stimulating and engaging lessons that challenge students.
- Consistently and fairly apply the school’s code of conduct.
- Set and mark classwork and homework regularly.
- Listen to concerns from parents and respond promptly.
- Report to parents regularly during the year about progress, academic achievement and attendance.
- Provide a range of enrichment activities.
I/We will make every effort to ensure that:
- My child attends school regularly, on time, and properly equipped.
- My child does not take holidays or unnecessary days off during term time.
- The school’s code of conduct and behaviour guidelines are supported.
- Concerns are discussed that might affect my child’s progress or behaviour.
- Parents’ evenings and meetings are attended to allow discussions about my child’s progress.
- My child completes homework and other extended learning opportunities.
- My child participates in enrichment and house activities.