In order to prepare students fully for adult life, we focus not just on academic achievement but also on providing opportunities for personal development. We want every student to become fully involved in school life and to display all the attributes, qualities and values that underpin our ‘LEARN for Success’ vision.
Our character education programme is filled with exciting, enriching and fulfilling opportunities and we encourage participation in every year group.
The Ridgeway Charter is a key element of our character education programme. Through our charter days and after-school provision we offer a wide range of activities for students. Examples include:
- Enrichment clubs
- A full calendar of sports, with competition at all levels – inter-house, local, regional, national and international
- Performing arts, including drama and music, offering performances throughout the year
- House competitions and events
- Student voice and student leadership roles
- The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme
- Delivering assemblies and form-time activities
- Completing acts of kindness
- Endurance days, including completing the Wirral Walk and climbing a mountain
- A ‘LEARN’ residential
- Involvement in transition activities with local primary schools