The year-group assembly is an integral part of school life, the most formal part of the weekly timetable. Assembly does much to define the ethos of Ridgeway High School. It is the time of the week when the whole year group comes together. It is a spiritual and inspirational occasion for students and staff. Social, moral, spiritual and cultural themes (including ‘British values’) are embedded via assembly.
The key themes and values which underpin Ridgeway High School assemblies are:
- fairness and justice
- the rule of law
- freedom of speech, including the importance of a free media
- right and wrong
- tolerance and respect for others
- the importance of learning
- the importance of hard work, effort and determination
- responsibilities as well as rights
- aiming high
- staying safe and healthy
Click to see our assembly rota for 2017-2018.